How to Make Flowers Last Longer
- Always use clean vases or containers. This will prevent any bacteria from ruining the quality of the flowers.
- Remove all of the leaves which will be under the water while in the vase. Leaves that are submerged will rot, thus creating bacteria and shortening the life span of your flowers.
- Always add the cut flower food supplied to you by your floral provider, to the water in the vase. Change the water and flowers food every three to four days.
- Our grower fresh flowers are shipped when they are in bud or half open, which is the recommended state to pick flowers. You will then have the pleasure of seeing them slowly open up, this also increases the life span of your flowers.
- Never place your florist arrangements in full sun or over a radiator. This will cause excess water loss from the flowers, and they will wilt very quickly. For a maximum life span the best place for your flowers is in a cool room.
Click to Enlarge